How do I change the teflon tape on the seal bar(s)?
- Remove the old Teflon tape from the seal bar.
- Using acetone and a paper towel, clean the sealbar thoroughly to remove the adhesive residue, oil, and other contaminant so that the new Teflon tape will adhere to the surface of the seal bar.
- Peel off the yellow liner of the Teflon tape and discard properly.
- Lay the Teflon tape on a clean flat surface with glue side pointing up.
- Align seal bar on the center of the Teflon tape. The seal bar surface with wires should be on the glue side of the Teflon tape.
- Carefully lift up the seal bar from the flat surface (making sure the Teflon tape is stuck on the seal bar) and gently run a finger on the Teflon tape to smooth out the Teflon tape on the seal bar. Fold the tape ends neatly under the seal bar.
- Slit the Teflon tape where it makes the bend around the seal bar and fold the Teflon tape toward the seal bar surface.
Minipack does not assume any responsibility or liability for the advice given and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in connection with the use of this information.